Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Did You Say Hello Today?

Today Brian drove our SUV to the shop for an oil change.  Amanda and I followed in my car.  From there I was going to walk home. (need the exercise more than you know). Brian had to take my car to the dealer to get the back visor fixed. 
Amanda and I walking, well she sitting happily in the jogger with her animal crackers, ice water and of course visor. 
Our first destination was the beauty supply place.  Which was 1.2 miles away.  We passed 4 different sets of people and one lady getting off the bus to ride her bike. 
Our SUV was not finished on our way back so I decided to keep walking.  We ended up walking another hour which ended up being 3.85 miles.  This time we passed a number of people. Why am I bringing this up? There was only 1 person who smiled.  NONE of them said hello.  Not even after I said it to them.  The only person to smile back was a young lady whom was pushing a stroller. 
WHY???????????????????????????????????
Why do people not smile and say hello to someone they are passing?  To me this just seems so cold and abrasive.  I will admit, by the time I walked the 5 miles and entered Costco I was so happy to be greeted with  a smile.  Sure, I am there to spend money, but they didn't have to smile. 
It amazes me how warm and for the most part happy a smile or greeting makes us or at least me feel. 
Starting today I will make sure that I DO smile, wave and say hello to people as I pass them.  I would luv to see more smiles and happy people.  Wouldn't we all? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment