Monday, September 24, 2012

Is it the Right Decision???

A couple weeks ago we had found out that Vincent was not doing so well again.......
For those of you that have grown children; I know why you have grey hair and are so darn sweet to your grand children!!! Ha ha ha
We had to help him change his situation but how???? Since he was now failing some of his classes again we knew we needed to do something.. We gave him the options of living with our friends in Utah, his biological father, military school or his grandpa that lives in CA. He chose the option of living with his grandpa.
We had planned to move him on moving him the weekend of the 8th....
I am not going to lie.... I was dreading this moment. I felt like I was cheating and giving up on my child. At the same time I knew it was the best decision for Vincent.
September 8 came far too quick! Vincent finished his last shift at the local yogurt company. Put the rest of his things in the Aspen. Unfortunately Brian had been admitted to the hospital that morning. It seems he had too high of blood pressure, some pains in his head that were not a headache. If that makes sense?
I picked up Brian from the hospital, and put him to bed. Amanda and I ran to Walmart to gets loads of caffeine for Brian (always needed after a spinal tap) and pick up Vincent.
We had family prayer, hugs, kisses and a lot of butterflies in all of our stomachs.
Vincent, Amanda and I headed for CA. Amanda and I in the loaded Aspen and Vincent following in his car.
After several stops at the gas stations and pulling over on the side of the road to sleep we finally made it.
I felt more assured of our decision as I enrolled him into school. We entered the land of no cell phones, very few cars (teenage drivers) and a town that ALL meets together for every single sports event.
My feelings were not completely settled.... I mean really? How do I let these people know he is an awesome kid but he is there alone with no friends and 1 person he is related to? Prayer!!!!!! I remember getting on my knees and pleading with the Lord for guidance that We are doing the right thing?
As much as I didn't want to listen to the spirit. I knew it was time for me to pack up the car. I will never forget Vincent helping me with our bags, standing tall and saying "mom, don't worry.... I know this is what I need to get back on track and be spiritually clean again" with chills running down my spine I smiled, hugged him even though we were outside; i was not thinking of him being embarrassed....
Amanda and I got in the car waved to Vincent and his grandpa and drove away.
For 8 hours I had plenty of time to think while listening to children's music. I mean really...... You can only take so much of "Wheels on the Bus....". As I drove, I finally realized I have given my life up to the Lord. In a way a very reassuring feeling. Another way, dang...... Maybe I too am learning and growing?
We have talked to Vincent everyday for the past two weeks. Amanda gets so excited, as do Brian and myself when we are able to Skype.
Today, my client out of the blue started talking about how his parents sent him away to Military School when he was younger. I knew I meant to hear all he had to say. It made me more at ease. Especially since I LUVD our conversation this weekend. "mom, really no I am not doing that.... I am getting things in order for be to be spiritually back on track and mastering all my classes."
As hard as it is to not have Vincent here everyday, I know he is where he needs to be!

If you would like to send packages, letters or call him (land line only) just send me an email or text. He LUVS to get mail!!!!!

1 comment: